Press Release Detail
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Director of Marketing & Product
Auto-Graphics Develops HTML5 User Interface for its
SHAREit™ Resource Sharing Solution
Patrons and Library Staff throughout North America Benefit from Feature Rich User Experience
ONTARIO, CA. — June 24, 2013 -- Auto-Graphics, Inc., a leading provider of tools, technologies and software developed to power libraries, today announced that it has introduced a new HTML5 based user experience (UX) to its SHAREit™ customers. SHAREit facilitates patron-initiated, library-managed and consortium-administered resource sharing for more than 2,000 libraries throughout North America. The current Adobe Flex®-based user interface, Iluminar, will be phased out within the next six months and customers will migrate to the HTML5 based system which will provide a browser agnostic experience accessible by a range of desktop, tablet and mobile devices. In addition to the new UX, SHAREit has been enhanced with several new features which will be demonstrated at the ALA Annual Conference and Exhibition in Chicago, IL from June 27 - July 2, 2013 booth #1221. New features to the system include:
- Enhanced Clustered Search Engine - The latest release deploys a user-based, high level search method that identifies relationships between the different material types of items and groups them together by format. This technology provides associated results in a format that web savvy users have come to expect from online shopping retailers. Users can search for items and easily find what they’re looking for by format type including DVD, eBooks and large print.
- Improved Faceted Results - Results from both local catalogs and external Z-targets can be combined with improved relevance; and expanded facets allow the user to accurately filter the search results from all sources and locate the material they need.
- Multiple Home Page Management - Multiple home pages can be configured and managed through a user friendly drag and drop widget based interface for both staff and patrons. Library staff can now create specific pages for different user types such as teens or library volunteers and keep them current with relevant information.
- Faster Searching - Through a technology integration with Index Data, results retrieval from multiple sources such as Z targets and subscription based content are returned more quickly and efficiently and ranked for a better user experience.
- Enhanced Circulation-based interlibrary loan (ILL) - NCIP enabled libraries can now offer circulation based patron initiated, unmediated ILL to provide a seamless patron experience where patrons never leave their own circulation system to initiate an ILL request with another trading partner.
“In today's world where users are exposed on a daily basis to a rich set of results from online shopping vendors - technology upgrades like our new enhanced clustered search are quickly becoming a patron requirement. Further, we have found that our UX exposes users to 20 percent more material which is usually hidden when using traditional ILL or ILS discovery products,” said Albert Flores, vice president of sales and marketing at Auto-Graphics. “We are looking forward to introducing the new HTML5 based UX across our entire suite of library automation products within the next six to twelve months.”
For more information on these new or enhanced features, or to schedule a demonstration at ALA, please contact Kim Masterson at (909) 569-1529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Auto-Graphics, Inc.
Founded in 1950, Auto‐Graphics is a technology innovator providing data management solutions to customers across multiple industries. Auto‐Graphics has helped libraries of all sizes become more efficient and patron‐centric. Auto‐Graphics’ browser based Library Management Platform for patrons and staff – currently used by more than 11,000 libraries in North America – is comprised of VERSO® our integrated library system; SHAREit™ our resource sharing product providing patron‐initiated sharing, circulation based interlibrary loan (using NCIP) and consortial borrowing solutions; SEARCHit™ the company's federated search and discovery module, and MONTAGE their brand new Digital Collection Management software. All products, part of the AG Library Service Platform, are fully compliant with ISO and NISO standards, and are available through the more effective Cloud‐based delivery (SaaS ‐ Software as a Service) model. For more information, please visit www.auto-graphics.com, the Library pAGe blog, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.
# # #