Press Release Detail
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Director of Marketing & Product
Auto-Graphics Releases New Version of VERSO® ILS at ALA 2014
Responsive display (desktop, mobile, and ultra mobile) for staff and patrons, ClusteRed™ result sets, UX Admin, print management, and new system-created reports to be presented in Las Vegas
ONTARIO, CA. — June 25, 2014 -- Auto-Graphics, Inc., a leading provider of tools, technologies and software developed to power libraries, will be attending the American Library Association (ALA) 2014 Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. While at ALA 2014, Auto-Graphics will unveil the latest version of VERSO®.
VERSO is Auto-Graphics' web-based integrated library system (ILS) and is part of Auto-Graphics' Library Management Platform.
"The newest version of VERSO demonstrates that Auto-Graphics is in an industry-leading position with mobile capability for both staff and patrons. All circulation, as well as configuration capability, can now be done on a tablet, therefore allowing a staff member to interact with patrons on the floor," said Albert Flores, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "Our staff mobile capability provides staff with complete autonomy to leverage the mobility of tablets for nearly all staff services. The potential for this extension of staff services is extensive when you review both patron and back office potential. Ultimately, it is imperative that staff members are able to perform essential library functions amongst their patrons and not simply behind a desk, and we continue to be excited by the utility of tablets in the modern library."
The following key improvements to VERSO will be demonstrated at ALA 2014 in booth #1111:
- Staff functions on a mobile tablet – OPAC, Bluetooth checkout and inventory
- Mobile access to the OPAC by smartphone or tablet
- ClusteRed and merged results offer FRBR-like aggregation for both patron and staff display
- Gallery, list and coverflow grid results and view options offer a dynamic and visually attractive presentation
- Powerful and complete user interface design display with a simple, straightforward UX design module allows all staff members to customize all aspects of website, including widget creation
- Third-party integration partnerships, including ChiliFresh, Overdrive, NoveList, and Comprise
- Two updated and enhanced notification methods: Text messaging and telephone delivery of notices to patrons
- New enhanced system-created reports for library collection development: Purchase Alert Ratio report, and Library Turnover rate
- Enhanced print management: spine and label, smart barcodes and print receipts
- Completely NCIP compliant, both as a responder and initiator
"VERSO 4's release is a huge milestone in the evolution of VERSO ILS. In designing VERSO 4, we wanted to introduce a fresh and exciting look to library users - to build on and leverage web cues and actions that they know from other sites on the internet," said Ted Koppel, VERSO Product Manager. "Patrons will see a much more visually attractive screen, while staff gains more sophisticated library controls over the user experience. In addition, staff benefits from a number of new enhancements and features. Our ClusteRed presentation is unique - it will change the way that users (and libraries) think about search results."
About Auto-Graphics, Inc.
Founded in 1950, Auto‐Graphics is a technology innovator providing data management solutions to customers across multiple industries. Auto‐Graphics has helped libraries of all sizes become more efficient and patron‐centric. Auto‐Graphics’ browser based Library Management Platform for patrons and staff – currently used by more than 11,000 libraries in North America – is comprised of VERSO® our integrated library system; SHAREit™ our resource sharing product providing patron‐initiated sharing, circulation based interlibrary loan (using NCIP) and consortial borrowing solutions; SEARCHit™ the company's federated search and discovery module, and MONTAGE their brand new Digital Collection Management software. All products, part of the AG Library Service Platform, are fully compliant with ISO and NISO standards, and are available through the more effective Cloud‐based delivery (SaaS ‐ Software as a Service) model. For more information, please visit www.auto-graphics.com, the Library pAGe blog, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.
# # #