Create, share, and explore digital collections and archives with MONTAGEdc
The easier, more affordable way for libraries and archives to organize and promote digital collections and manage digital assets
With MONTAGEdc, you can create:
- Public-access digital collections
- Individual digital collections or a highlighted group of institutional collections
- All made available via your easy-to-create custom MONTAGEdc landing page
The sleek user interface will turn your digital collection into digital eye-candy that can be:
- Quickly searched and directly accessed
- Browsed for related Wikipedia-like information via the explore function which filters results by collections, topics, dates, and formats
- Explored topically via preformatted searches and lists created by staff to aid guest users to find records in the system on specific topics
- Digitally accessed right from the full record display – image, audio, video, PDF. Hundreds of MIME types are supported.
- Shared via email or social media via user-created lists due to persistent links
Create and Manage your Digital Collections in Minutes
MONTAGEdc provides simplified, standards-based digital collections management via your Web browser with quick and easy record creation and editing. MONTAGEdc provides for a variety of methods for you to create your new digital collection, while accommodating a variety of digital asset and archival needs. You can:
- Batch import records
- Use the provided Dublin Core template
- Easily create custom metadata templates that accommodate the archiving of different collections and sub-collection types
- Attach an unlimited number of a variety of item types to a record (create compound objects)
- Add searchable metadata on the collection level, not just on the record level, for multiple collection types
- Use controlled subject entry or create dynamic subject entries - a list of previously used subject entries is displayed for rapid metadata creation. Look up lists are created based on metadata entered for subjects, creators, media type, etc. providing for consistent usage of terms
|Additional MONTAGEdc Digital Collection Specifications
MONTAGEdc is a fully hosted, affordable digital collection solution available on an annual SaaS subscription.
Contact us to attend the next scheduled MONTAGEdc Webinar.